Simple & Complicated Question from Molly Mae


¨Everything is both simpler than we can imagine, and more complicated than we can conceive"-- Goethe

A few weeks ago,  in the car, the girls and I were enjoying the Wicked soundtrack. They like this  and that song and I love ẗhe song ¨For Good.¨ 


I've hear it said,
That people come into our lives
For a reason
Bringing something we must learn.
And we are led to those 
who help us most to grow if we let them.
And we help them in return.
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you.

The lyrics and the way Idinda Menzel and Kristin Chenowith sing it bring me chills every time!
We actually were listening to it on our way to a Wizard of Oz themed birthday party.


  As I'm zoning out to the words, Molly said, "do you have to sing pretty?" When asking her what she meant, she explained, "my teachers in church try to sing pretty but it just isn't like this; do you have to sing pretty?"  I thought it was so deep.

I think it such a great question to which I really don't the answer. I do think there is value in doing something well and I also think there is value in doing something, period.  . . ..which leads us to the balance we struggle to strike in the holiday season. I don't know the answer to that either, but I do know that we can appreciate both the beautiful singing, the songs and those who just sing. 



Comments